How to Spend 2 Weeks in Bali


Alright!....So, now that you've set yourself up for Bali according to my previous blog, we can now get down to the itinerary I used for my trip!

During my vacation, I stayed on the main island of Bali to start, then moved on to the Gili Islands.  I stayed a couple nights there then headed back towards Nusa Penida before returning back to the Bali mainland.  So lets start/

My first day started in Ubud at 11am.  My driver from Pelago showed up and took me to a few sites.  

DAY 1 - CENTRAL BALI

ALAS HARUM


Extreme Swing in a Flying Dress

Alas Harum can be described as a one stop tourism attraction.  It has a coffee plantation that has the famous Lewak coffee made from the civet animal.  You can sample 20 coffee and teas as well as a Lewak coffee.  It takes you through the process of the coffee bean from picked to being ground into coffee. Once you find a coffee or tea you like, they guide you through a store located nearby.  I bought a small packet of the sugar free cinnamon tea for $80.000 IDR ($6.95 CDN).  I regret not buying more.  Once you purchase your treat, you can go and enjoy the grounds.  Here they have two jungle swings.  One is the Extreme Swing and the other is the Bali Swing which you can experience both in a rented flying dress for $150,000 IDR ($13 CDN). The photographer will email you the pictures of your flying dress swing experience. Wander around the grounds and you'll find installations to take pictures with.  You can also try your hand at riding a bike in the sky. It is also located adjacent to the Tegallalang Rice Terraces for amazing pictures.
                  

Coffee and Tea Sampler

Location: Jl. Raya Tegallalang, Tegallalang, Kec. Tegallalang, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80561, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: $50,000 IDR 
Parking Fee: None

TEGENUNGAN WATERFALL

Tegenungan Falls

Located just outside of Ubud, it is a very popular attraction for tourists.  It starts with a lookout at the top where you can see the waterfall and take pictures.  You can then venture down the many stairs to the bottom and follow the path passing a bird's nest for photo ops.  Walking further, you reach a resort and you walk past it along the river to the makeshift bamboo bridge to get to the front of the waterfall for pictures and enjoy the spray of the mighty waterfall.  Just remember that you'll have to walk back up the many steps to the parking lot in the heat.  Once you make it back up, you can enjoy a nice cool coconut and replenish your body after that hike.

Location: Jl. Ir. Sutami, Kemenuh, Kec. Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80581, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: $15,000 IDR 
Parking Fee: $5.000 IDR 

UBUD ROYAL PALACE

Ubud Royal Palace

The Ubud Royal Palace is a complex of many buildings and courtyards.  Also known as Puri Saren Agang, is also a great historical landmark for the Balinese.  Located in the heart of Bali, it is close to the Ubud Market and the Swaraswati Temple.  These attractions can be done together.  This building held great importance in the 1800's when all the top artists were coming to Ubud to show off their skills.  It takes about 15 mins to walk through to admire the wonderful carvings that decorate the courtyards. There is a temple located on the grounds, however, there is no access to it. They hold a Borong dance in the early morning and a Kecik dance in the evenings.  If you can, you should watch one.  


Location: Jl. Raya Ubud No.8, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: Free
Dance Performance Fee: $100,000 IDR 

SWARASWATI LOTUS TEMPLE

Swaraswati  Lotus Temple

This temple is located in central Bali. The Ubud Royal Palace is also nearby which you can also visit at the same time.  There is also a local craft fair that takes place nearby on Fridays. As you walk to the temple, you will walk by the local Starbucks.  Worth taking a look inside.

The temple is to honour the Hindu Goddess, Swaraswati, the god of learning, literature and art.  It is an Instagram hotspot.  Leading to the temple is a pathway with pink lotus flowers on each side.  The temple itself is architecturally beautiful and ornate.  There is no entry fee and you also cannot enter the main temple.  

Lotus Flower

Location: F7V6+PJ4, Jl. Kajeng, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: Free

DAY 2 - EASTERN BALI
  • Lempuyang Temple
  • New Attraction by LT
  • Besakih Temple
  • Tirta Gannga Water Palace
  • Taman Ujung Water Palace
LEMPUYANG TEMPLE


Lempuyang Temple is also known as Pura Penataran Agung Lempuyang or Pura Lahur.  It is a Hindu Balinese Temple located on the slopes of Mount Lempuyang in Karangasem.  It is one of the highly regarded temples in Bali.  If you want to visit this temple, I would suggest being there at 6am.  The lineup for this site gets very long.  I left Ubud at 6:30am and got to the temple at 8am.  A the base of the temple they will ask for the fee and you will get to choose a sarong to wear.  They will tie it on you. Then they transport you in a bus that winds around the mountain at high speeds to the top. From there, its a short walk uphill to the temple entrance. I was #140 in line to get my picture done.  There are buses that come early and drop off people by the numbers.  I finally got my turn around 11:30am.  Everyone just sits around patiently until their number is called.  Thankfully there is a sitting area for those waiting.  You can go solo or with multiple people.  They give each person three poses.  Most either jump, sit or do some type of classic pose.  There are two people who sit in the middle and take the pic for you on your phone.  Once you are done, you exit so the next person can get theirs done.  Visually it is amazing.  It was definitely worth the wait but bring a crossword or something to keep you busy if you are not going to be one of the first in line.  

Location: Jl. Pura Telaga Mas Lempuyang, Tri Buana, Kec. Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
Entry Fee: 55,000 IDR
Bus Shuttle Service with Return: 50,000 IDR

NEW ATTRACTION BY LEMPUYANG TEMPLE


Once you finish your temple photo, walk back down the entrance towards the buses and you'll see another photo op set up at the top of the stairs at the end of the street.  It just opened up and it looks amazing in photos. I was never able to catch the name of this particular attraction.  There are a couple more picture ops located next to this one with the same entry fee.  Make sure you stop by here after the temple before heading back on the bus.

Location:Jl. Pura Telaga Mas Lempuyang, Tri Buana, Kec. Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: 10,000 IDR

BESAKIH GREAT TEMPLE

This temple is located in the village of Besakih. It is one of the most important, largest and holiest of Hindu Balinese Temples in Bali.  I didn't have time to go here but it is worth a visit. The temple consists of seven levels and three main gods, Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva.  It is also known as the Mother Temple by locals as it includes 86 clan temples and shrines on the slopes of Mount Agung

Location: Jl. Gunung Mas No.Ds, Besakih, Kec. Rendang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80863, Indonesia
Entrance Fee: 60,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR

TIRTA GANGGA ROYAL WATER PALACE

Tirta Gangga Royal Water Palace

It is a former royal palace in Eastern Bali named after the sacred river, Ganges in India. The water palace features tiered fountains, gardens and stone sculptures scattered throughout the complex.

Once you enter the parking lot and pay the entrance fee, you will see people in stalls selling bags of fish food for $5000 IDR.  This is because there is a lot of koi fish in the water fountains.  If you feed them, they will come.  There are black and gold koi fish everywhere. People like to stand in the pools stones and feed the fish for their Instagram photos.  I tried to do this in the main pool but the only fish I found were black and didn't show up in the photos.  So went to another area where I saw gold koi swimming around.  I sat down and fed them there.  


Location: HHQQ+836, Jalan Raya Abang Desa Adat Jl. Raya Tirta Gangga, Ababi, Kec. Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
Entry Fee: 50,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR

TAMAN UJUNG WATER PALACE


Taman Unjung was once a former royal palace and is now known for its complex of water fountains, ponds connected by pathways and bridges leading to the main house in the middle of the pond.   Its a blend of European and Balinese architecture. 

This site was once used for the punishment of those who used black magic or Balinese witchcraft known as pangiwa and leyaks.  There are currently three pools now on the property but back in 1901, there was only one single pool.  This pool was known as the Dirah Pool.  Located in the southeast corner of the lot, it takes its name from the witch queen of the Calonarang Legend.  By 1921, two more pools were added to the property and it shifted to a public space to serve as a retreat and welcome Dignataries on their visit to the Karangasem Kingdom.

Ujung Water Palace Grounds

You are free to walk around and enjoy the grounds.  At the top of the property there is an old ruin located there. It is now used mainly for wedding and celebration pics for locals to enjoy.

Old Ruins


At the top of the stairs

Location: Ujung Water Palace, Tumbu, Karangasem, Karangasem Regency, Bali 80811, Indonesia
Entry Fee:75,000 IDR
Parking: 5000 IDR

Day 3 -NORTHERN BALI
  • Ulun Danu Bertaran Temple
  • Handara Gate
  • Wanagiri Hidden Hill 
  • Banyumala Falls
  • Twin Lake Viewpoint
  • Tenten Bamboe
ULUN DANU BERTARAN TEMPLE

Ulun Danu Bertaran Pagoda

The Pura Bratan is a complex located in Northern shores of Lake Bratan.  It is a major Hindu Shaivite Temple.  The twelve story pagoda was built by the Balinese King of Mengwi in 1633 and sits on a crater lake from a former volcano.

There are many things to see around on the grounds.  There are many temples, a place to sit and eat at a cafe restaurant, do some water activities in giant swans or you can go visit the sanctuary in the corner of the property that houses rabbits and all species of owls.  I was able to visit the owls and feed the rabbits.  Then it down poured.  Remember to bring an umbrella.  Its a long way back to the car without one. 




Location: Danau Beratan, Candikuning, Baturiti, Tabanan Regency, Bali 82191, Indonesia
Entry Fee: 50,000 IDR
Parking: 5000 IDR 

HANDARA GATE


The Handara Gate is Instagram famous and you'll see a lot of tourists flocking to these gates.  This is actually just the entrance to the Handara Golf Resort.  However, the gates look amazing against the backdrop of the jungle and mountains.  The gates are so famous that the Indonesians are even cashing in on the pics.  There is a person there who will help take your pics and videos of you at the gate.  It is all included in the price you pay at the entrance of the driveway.  It cost more if you want to fly your drone.

Location: Jl. Raya Singaraja-Denpasar, Pancasari, Kec. Sukasada, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali 81161, Indonesia
Entry Fee: 30,000 IDR
Drone Fee: 30,000 IDR
Parking Fee: Free

WANAGIRI HIDDEN HILL

Wanagiri Hidden Hills

Not far from the Handara Gate, you will find the Wanagiri Hidden Hills. This place was made for Instagram.  They have several different structures for you to pose from with a view of the twin lakes as the background. They expertly take you through each station and take pics and videos of you for.  They will give you pose suggestions incase you are not good at that sort of thing.  So, no worries.  Just go and have fun with it.

Location: Wanagiri, Jalan Raya Munduk, Pancasari, Kec. Sukasada, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali, Indonesia
Entry Fee:100,000 IDR
Parking Fee: Free

BANYUMALA FALLS


After you are done with posing at the Wanagiri Hidden Hill, you can head down for a quick dip in the Banyumala Falls.  Located just down the street, you will find a steep hill leading you down to the parking lot.  From here you will walk through fields of brilliant blue hydrangeas.  Once you get to the other side, you pay the entry fee to head down the steep steps to the falls at the bottom.  Most of the stairway has railings so you can use that to help you up or down the steps.  I have asthma but still managed the steps taking my time.  If you have problems with steep steps, maybe sit this one out but if you can manage, you will love the falls like I did.   The pool is shallow enough to wade through to the falls and make amazing Instagram shots!  Don't miss this one!  

Pathway to the Falls Entrance thru a field of hydrangeas.

Blue hydrangeas

I wish I was able to go in but I forgot my swim suit and then it started to downpour hard on us.  Luckily my driver came down with me and brought an umbrella.

Location: Wanagiri, Sukasada, Buleleng Regency, Bali 81161
Entry Fee:30,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR

TWIN LAKES VIEWPOINT (LAKE BALINSASAYAO AND LAKE DANAO)


Fresh water lakes in a volcanic crater

One more stop before lunch.  A short drive away from the falls  just off the main road is a place that overlooks the twin lakes.  These are two deep fresh water lakes side by side and there is a lookout from where you can take pictures from.  They were formed by a volcanic eruption some 10,000 years ago.  There were people with their drones out and flying them out and around.  Others were perched on the lookout on higher ground.  I found a man selling cashews on his trailer and I bought a pack.  He said he made them himself and they were coated in some sort of spice.  I asked my driver if he knew what it was, he said he didn't but it was really tasty.  So, if you go there and see this gentleman, buy some cashews and enjoy the view.

Location: Q33X+3J9, Jl. Raya Pancasari, Gobleg, Kec. Banjar, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali, Indonesia
Entry Fee: Free
Parking: Free

WARUNG MAKAN TENTEN BAMBOE


So, once you finished with the waterfall and twin lake viewpoint, and built up an appetite for lunch walking up and down those steps, you can head to Tenten Bamboe for a bite to eat.  This was my driver's recommendation as I was hungry for prawns.  There was a restaurant at the parking lot advertising they had King Prawns but that was not the case. So we headed to Tenten Bamboe instead.  I told him I would pay for his lunch as a thank you for his help so far.  We were both drenched from the downpour too!  So I ordered a nice mug of ginger tea for both of us.  He ordered a fish dish with rice and bean sprout soup.  I had the prawn spring rolls and another prawn dish. I tried some of his fish and soup and it was excellent. The owner was a nice lady who came over and asked if she could get a pic of myself and my driver.  She wanted to put it up on her restaurant wall among other photos already there. We agreed and she took the pic. I hope its up there. Someone can check for me.  

Bean Sprout Soup

White Fish


Hot Ginger Tea


Prawn Spring Rolls

They also sell strawberries there.  Strawberries can only be grown in cooler climates like in the north so this was a treat.  My driver asked for some to take back to his family.  I included it in the bill for him to take back to his family as a gift from me.  After this, our bellies were full and we were on the road again back to Ubud where I was staying.

I wanted to visit Lovina beach but it was raining so I decided not to go.  Its a beautiful black sand beach.  Maybe next time.  There are also a few more waterfalls in that area which you can visit.  Just google it and it will come up.

Location:Jl. Pancasari - Baturiti, Pancasari, Kec. Sukasada, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali 81161, Indonesia
Parking Fee: Free

DAY 4 - FERRY TO GILI TRAWANGAN ISLAND
  • Patang Bai to Gili Trawangan Island on Eka Jaya
  • Walked the seawall
  • Dinner on the beach

Eka Jaya Ticket to Gili Trawangan

Eka Jaya Boat

On day four, I headed early morning to the Gili Islands.  From my resort in Ubud, my driver picked me up and took me to my prepaid ferry ticket on the Eka Jaya departing from Padang Bai.  I chose the Eka Jaya because it was the largest of the vessels going there and it had the comfort of nice seats and a television to keep me occupied.  This was a 1.5 hr trip to my destination.  It first made a drop off at Nusa Penida and then carried on to Gili Trawangan.

I stayed at the Aston Sunset Beach Resort for two nights. I had my own private villa with a pool.  It was amazing. Once I was settled in, I decided to walk to the main part of town where the ferry jetty is located.  My hotel was a good 30 min walk from where the jetty is located.  There are no vehicles so you either rent a bike, walk or take a horse cart to get around.  I opted to walk this day.  I checked out the hotels on the way and found kiosks located everywhere.  I decided to join a three island snorkeling tour the next day.  I paid $150,000 IDR for it.  I continued on my walk and found someone who instructed paddle boarding.  He was Indonesian but it turned out he used to live in the city about 20 years ago in where I'm currently located.  So I booked a paddle boarding session with him early morning at 7am.  Apparently the turtles came in close to shore to eat the seaweed before going back out in the ocean and its a great place to paddle board.  Never done it before so I wanted to give it a go! 

Headed to the beach for dinner.  There are many different restaurants and hotels that set up on the beach for dinner with many varieties of local and foreign foods.  You will be able to find something to eat.  I had prawns in garlic butter sauce with potatoes and a dragon fruit drink while watching the nightly lightning show mother nature put on. I headed back by horse cart after my meal as I was tired from the heat.  Had an early rise appointment anyway.

DAY 5 - GILI ISLAND ACTIVITIES
  • Paddleboarding at 7am with GiliT
  • Snorkeling 4 Hr Trip to Gili Islands; Meno, Air and Trawangan
  • Hot Stone Massage
  • Night Market Food
Next morning, I got up early and grabbed my GoPro and swim gear and headed out to my paddle board sesson at Turtle Point.  I met my instructor and out we went with our paddle boards.  We got some good shots using my GoPro of turtles that were close to shore.  He took me out further to look at some coral fish.  It was an excellent session and done by 8am.
I decided I was hungry and headed to the meeting spot for the snorkeling tour.  Once I met with the guides, I got breakfast nearby.  I went to Coco.  They had the best breakfast.  Scambled eggs, sauted mushrooms, bread and coffee!  I really did miss the type of breakfast we have in Canada.  it certainly hit the spot.  Once my belly was happy, I went to wait for the others to join the snorkeling group.  We left at 10am and went to Gili Meno and Gili Air.  I had someone with me the whole time as I was nervous being in the water.  I haven't swam since I was 10 yrs old.  It's been a while.  However, my guide, Monk, was with me the whole time.  I felt better as I got acquainted to the water again and went out on my own a bit. 

After my snorkeling session was done around 4pm, I headed back to my hotel for a shower.  Then back into town for dinner and a massage.  I found the night market was open and they had a person cooking seafood live so I opted for that.  Once dinner was done, I went to the Gili Spa.  I had a hot stone massage done for 60 mins in the back room.  When I came back out, there were many people getting foot massages in the lobby area.  I headed back to my hotel and sat on the beach and watched a movie with everyone else. 

The next morning I had breakfast on the beach and then got my things together and headed to the ferry jetty.  It was time to leave for Nusa Penida.

I arrived in Nusa Penida on the Angel Bilibong speedboat from the Gili Islands in 3 hrs. There was no dry dock here so we waded in the water to get to the beach after being tendered onto the shore.  A driver asked if I needed a ride, I said and off we went to my cottage.  I stayed at the Wait Garden Cottage.  It was run by a lovely Muslim man and his family.  The food was amazing, the room was awesome and the pool looked inviting.  It was almost 5pm by the time I got there so I hunkered down and got some rest.  The next day I was going to start my tour.

Paddle Boarding Session:@islandtrip.gilit 
Fee:80,000 IDR





Three Gili Islands Snorkeling Tour: Trawangan Snorkeling 
Fee: 175,000 IDR

Our Snorkeling Boat

Glass Bottom Boat

Friendship Statue


Hot Stone Massage at Gili Spa


Gili Spa


Hot Stone Massage: 200,000 IDR ($17.70 CDN)

DAY 6 - FERRY TO NUSA PENIDA
  • Turtle Point Beach Lookout for Drone Shots
  • Speedboat to Nusa Penida on Star
  • Massage at Hotel
  • Dinner at Hotel
This was a travel day.  Once I had my drone shots at turtle beach, I went back to the hotel to pack.  I had booked The Star speedboat for my trip to Nusa Penida around lunch time.  It was a day to get my bearings as I got to Nusa Penida around 4:30pm.  I found a driver waiting for customers coming off the boat.  He drove me to my hotel where I stayed put for the rest of the night.  The dinner there was amazing. It was a fried fish with rice, veggies and a yummy sambal.  I had it with fresh pineapple juice. The hotel arranged for a someone from their spa to give me a massage in my room after that long boat ride I had.


DAY 7 - WESTERN NUSA PENIDA TOUR
  • Angel Billibong
  • Broken Beach
  • KelingKling Beach
  • Crystal Beach
  • Green Kuba
My driver that I had pre-arranged from Pelago.co showed up in the morning.  He had texted me on WhatsApp the night before to confirm.  So off we went to see Nusa Penida in a very comfortable private van.

ANGEL BILIBONG

Angel Bilibong Infinity Pool

The Angel Billibong is an area by the ocean that created an infinity pool along a cliff.  It is beautiful to see.  Some people swim in the pool however, it is not advised as the waves can get violent with no warning and take you against the rocky cliff.

Entrance to Angel Bilibong

BROKEN BEACH

Broken Beach Archway

Just up the trail from Angel Bilibong, you can see Broken Beach.  Its basically a little bay with an an archway leading out into ocean.

Location:7C8X+HHX, Sakti, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Entry Fee:5,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 10,000 IDR

KELINGKLING BEACH

Kelingkling Beach Viewpoint


It's one of the most popular spots on Nusa Penida!  The views from here are like no other.  The beach down below is secluded, mainly because no one wants to go down all that way and back up again.  The water is a brilliant blue hue with schools of manta rays swimming by.  Instead of heading down the stairs, head up the stairs to your right and get a picture from high up above the head of the t-rex face.  

Halfway up the stairs, there is a viewpoint you can climb up on.  An elderly lady runs this.  You pay her $5000 IDR to use this platform to get the above picture after you are done.  Then you can continue up the steps for other pics.

T-Rex Island Viewpoint

School of Manta Rays in the bay

Location: Bunga Mekar, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Entry Fee: 10,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR

CRYSTAL BAY BEACH

Crystal Bay

Crystal Bay Beach is a beautiful white sand beach famous for scuba diving and snorkeling.  You can enjoy the restaurant on the beach and sip on coconuts if swimming or snorkeling are not your thing.  The waves can be strong here so be careful.  I would not suggest going in if you are not a strong swimmer.

Location: Unnamed Road, Sakti, Kec. Nusa Penida, Kabupaten Klungkung, Bali 80771, Indonesia
Entry Fee:Free
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR


GREEN KUBU PENIDA

Green Kubu Penida

After all that sightseeing, I headed back to my cottage.  Later that evening I headed out to Green Kubu.  Its a small resort with a white gates of heaven.  You can have a nice meal here, listen to some music, watch the sunset and take some pics of the gates.

White Temple

Purple Temple at Night

Sunset at Green Kubu

Location:Sakti, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Parking Fee: Free

DAY 8 - EASTERN NUSA PENIDA TOUR
  • Treehouse Rumah Pohon
  • Diamond Beach
  • Atuh Beach
  • Teletubbie Hills
TREEHOUSE RUMAH POHON

Rumah Pohon Treehouse View


This treehouse is one of the famous spots to take a pic with for your Instagram!  You can actually rent this particular treehouse for $40 USD a night.  However, given that there is someone there taking pics on the front steps every few mins, I doubt many do.  It's famous for the beautiful background of the ocean behind.  My driver brought me here first thing in the morning because he said the lineups were crazy.  Get there before the mainland of Bali tours get there.  I was lucky as it was Silent Sea Day which meant no boats were allowed on the ocean which meant no tour groups for the day at any of the sites I was going to visit.

The steps are carved out of the cliff to get to this treehouse and are jagged and steep.  There is a rope railing to help you along the stairway.  Once you get there, you pay the person for the entry fee.  My driver took loads of pics for me, thankfully.  Then we headed back up the steep steps to the parking lot.  No line ups either. It was nice.

DIAMOND BEACH

Diamond Beach Viewpoint

Diamond Beach was gorgeous.  However, for some reason, the police were down at the beach and the public were not permitted to access the beach at that time.  There is a carved out staircase along the side of the cliff that takes you to the beach.  On this beach, there is a small cafe and a swing and nest which the lady who runs the cafe also manages.  You can get nice pictures on the swing and nest while drinking a coconut.  I would not recommend swimming down here as the waves can be rough and there are too many rocks.

Location:6JFC+W3X, Pejukutan, Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Entry Fee:10,000 IDR
Parking Fee: 5000 IDR

ATUH BEACH

Atuh Beach

Atuh Beach is visible from Diamond Beach uptop.  It is regarded as one of the most epic beaches on the island.  A great place with soft white sand and bluest seas surround the beach.  If you'd like to visit Atuh Beach, it's best to park at Diamond Beach and then walk down to Atuh Beach.  The road to Atuh Beach is quite rough for scooters and cars even though there is parking on either side of the beach.  Also note, this is a one time entry and parking fee as you can see both locations at the same time.

Location: Across from Diamond Beach
Entry Fee:10,000 IDR
Parking Fee:5000 IDR

TELETUBBIES HILL

Teletubbies Hill


Named Teletubbies Hill as to its resemblance to the tv show Teletubbies.  It is an area where these giant green hills come out of nowhere.  There is a pathway to walk around these hills and enjoy them.

Pathway around the hills

Location: Unnamed Rd, 80771, Tanglad, Kec. Nusa Penida, Kabupaten Klungkung, Bali 80771, Indonesia
Entry Fee: Free
Parking Fee: Free  

DAY 9 - BACK TO BALI
  • Speedboat Angel Bilibong to Sanur Beach
  • Breakfast at Sisterfields
  • Seminyak Village Shopping Centre
  • Uduaya Spa
Next morning bright and early, I got up and my driver from the hotel took me to the boat jetty.  It was time to head back to the mainland of Bali.

SPEEDBOAT TO SANUR BEACH

I had prepaid for a boat to take me back to the mainland of Bali.  It was a speedboat to Sanur Beach.  Sanur beach does not have a jetty either so its more wading through water once I reached destination.  Keep this in mind when booking your transportation.  I took the Angel Billibong speedboat.  From Banjar Nyuh Pier to Sanur Beach it took 30 mins to reach my destination.  I had pre-arranged for my driver to pick me up off the shore and take me Seminyak where I was supposed to stay the next four nights.

Ticket Fee: 175,000 IDR

BREAKFAST AT SISTERFIELDS

Breakfast at Sisterfields

There are many different wonderful places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner in Seminyak.  Sisterfields is one of them.  It is also an Australian based chain so very popular with the tourists as most are from Australia on vacation. My driver dropped me off in the heart of Seminyak's shopping centre.  Sisterfields is located right there too.  I had a wonderful breakfast to start off my day after that boat ride back to mainland earlier in the morning.  From here, I was able to go shopping at the Seminyak Village and the boutiques that lined the streets.  If you get the chance, definitely come to Seminyak.

Location:Jl. Kayu Cendana No.7, Seminyak, Bali, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia

UDAYA SPA AND RESORT (KAVERI SPA)

Citrus Bath

I had pre-arranged a spa day at the Kaveri Spa located at the Udays Spa and Resort in Ubud.  I had the Citrus Bath for this appointment.  It was a bath full of citrus fruits and lemongrass in warm water.  They also provide a tray with a glass of wine and plate of fruits to enjoy while lounging in your bath.

Location: Jl. Sri Wedari No.48B, Tegallantang, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Citrus Bath Fee: 600,000 IDR


DAY 10 - WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE
At this point, I ended up with Bali Belly.  If you don't know what that is, it is a bacteria infection.  I really wasn't feeling well enough to go out but this would have been my itinerary if I had gone out that day.   I wanted to go to some waterfalls that I didn't have time to visit before I had left for the Gili Islands.
  
DAY 11 - SOUTH WESTERN TOUR - WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE
  • Uluwatu Temple Kecik Dance
  • Jimbaran Beach
  • Monkey Forest Sanctuary
  • Suluban Beach and Cave
  • El Kabron - spanish tapas

DAY 12 - WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE

  • Jatiluwih Rice Terraces
  • Souvenir shopping at Krishna's and Seminyak and Bali
  • Seminyak La Plancha Beach at night
DAY 13 - STARBUCKS AND KAVERI SPA
  • Starbucks in Ubud
  • Udaya Spa Flower Bath
STARBUCKS IN UBUD

Ubud Starbucks

If you are searching for the perfect souvenir and you love Starbucks, consider going in to not only checking out what is on the menu but also collecting the I've Been Here mug series.  

Location: F7V6+PJ4, Jl. Kajeng, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia

UDAYA SPA CELEBRATION OF FLOWERS BATH

Celebration of Flowers Bath

When searching for flower baths, Bali is number one at this.  You can get a flower bath from most spas around Bali and as far as Gili Trawangan.  I loved the intricate designs which the Kaveri Spa offered.  They let me pick the design I wanted. I also coupled it with a massage and body scrub to finish it off,  It was the most indulgent thing to do on my list and so glad I did it towards the end of my trip.  When I booked a got it 50% off the prices indicated below as a promotion at the time.

Location:Jl. Sri Wedari No.48B, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Flower Bath Fee: 600,000  IDR
Royal Massage: 575,000 IDR
Aloe Vera Body Scrub: 250,000 IDR

DAY 14 - LAST DAY
  • Stayed in
LEAVING FOR HOME

That was it.  I stayed in my hotel room all day and got some rest before I left for the airport.  My flight was at midnight so I was able to pack with plenty of time and rest up.  It was a wonderful two weeks in Bali.

Tip:  If you do contract Bali Belly while visiting, you can buy a drink at the mini marts called Pocari Sweat.  Its the Indonesian version of Gatorade.  I was calling for Sprite from the hotel all the time to replenish my electrolytes.  I certainly felt better after drinking this.  My driver ended up buying me three bottles cause he felt bad that I was alone and had no one to look after me and didn't let me pay him back for it.  That's how nice they are.

HOTEL STAYS

UBUD

Blue Karma - 1 Night

Relaxing in my Jungle Hammock

If you want to indulge just a bit to experience the luxury hotel stay, Blue Karma is for you. If you are a solo female traveler, they also have a wonderful package that includes a complimentary massage and floating breakfast.  I had a jungle room with a hammock in the back. I really loved my one night there and wished I could have stayed for longer.  However, I found this resort too late and this was the only night available during my time in Bali.


Kori Ubud Resort and Spa - 3 Nights


GILI TRAWANGAN

Aston Sunset Beach Resort - 2 Nights

Aston Sunset Beach Resort Private Villa

Aston Sunset Beachfront

Welcome Fruit Basket


NUSA PENIDA

Wait Garden Cottage Hotel - 3 Nights

Comfortable Double Bedroom with Bathroom

Doors to bedroom

Pool outside the room


KUTA

 Aston Kuta Residence Hotel - 4 Nights

Kuta Lobby

Hotel

These are the hotels I stayed in around Bali and area.  I would recommend any of these hotels if you are looking for a place to stay.  However, Bali has so many wonderful accommodations available, I'm sure it won't be hard to find one that suits your needs.

Bali is a wonderful cultural experience for anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway.  I hope my itinerary will help you decide what it is that you'd like to see while visiting.  There are still so many places I wasn't able to get to because of my illness in the last few days.  Maybe one day I'll go back there again some day.


Comments

Popular Posts